Title: Applications Engineer
Reports to: Service and Support Manager
Classification: Salaried Exempt
Responsible for developing DIT-MCO test programs for both internal and customer use. Interpret customer cable drawings, wire lists, schematics etc., working directly with the customer as necessary to resolve conflicts/questions. In-house or on-site program debugging as required to achieve the desired result. Assist customers in programming techniques and applications questions.
- Associates degree in electronics, computer science, or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Strong understanding of basic electrical concepts such as ohms law.
- Ability to read electronic schematic diagrams, especially wiring diagrams.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook, and other office software.
- Familiarity with wire/harness testing a plus.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD or other engineering drawing software a plus.
- Ability to write programs in VisualBasic.NET or C# a plus.
- Ability to work on complex projects and multi-task.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Develop wire/harness test scripts based on customer-supplied wire lists and/or schematic diagrams.
- Utilize DIT-MCO software tools, as well as Excel, for developing test scripts and address correspondence files.
- Utilize DIT-MCO software tools to design test adapter cables.
- Utilize DIT-MCO hardware to run test scripts on first article products.
- Troubleshoot test scripts.
- Support customers with questions regarding test programming and troubleshooting.
Additional Requirements and Responsibilities:
This position requires occasional travel, primarily domestic but also internationally. This job description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, skills, and abilities. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee’s ability to perform the position described. This document does not represent a contract of employment. The Company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform as may be deemed necessary.
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org