DIT-MCO is seeking an electronic service and support technician to install, troubleshoot and repair DIT-MCO test equipment at customer sites and to respond to service inquiries and help solve customer problems via telephone, e-mail and remote PC sessions. The ideal candidate will be a quick-thinker with excellent trouble-shooting skills who is an effective communicator both in writing and verbally.
- Thorough understanding of Windows O/S, Windows Office Suite (Excel & Word) and software applications.
- Experience with basic electronic elements, circuitry, troubleshooting and computer networking.
- Minimum, Associates Degree in Electronics or Electronic Technician Certification. Must be able and willing to travel as needed. (30-50%)
- Ability to stand, bend and work for extended periods of time. Able to lift or move assemblies weighing 50+ lbs. Requires good dexterity and eyesight.
- Must be a US Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident
- Field incoming customer service calls and e-mails and resolve issues as quickly and efficiently as possible to get the customer back up and running.
- Under the direction of the Service Manager visit customer sites to install new tester systems and system upgrades (hardware and software).
- Communicate effectively with the sales team concerning ongoing customer service situations.
- Identify new sales and system upgrade opportunities and pass these opportunities on to the sales team.
- Document and track ongoing service issues with electronic ticketing system.
- Interact with manufacturing repair personnel concerning the repair and disposition of defective products sent in for repair. Work with Quality Manager to track and present quality issues in Quality meetings.
- Work with I.T. and training specialist to develop an electronic knowledge base system for use by both DIT-MCO service technicians and customer web-based self-help troubleshooting.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by the Service Manager.
This job description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, skills, and abilities. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee’s ability to perform the position described. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the Company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.
Salary: Dependent on experience
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org