DIT-MCO, a leading manufacturer of electronic parts in the Aerospace Industry, is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to join their team in Kansas City, MO.
What you will be doing:
- Design, quote and create documentation for cable assemblies, PCBA’s, fixturing, cable support structures, carts and DIT-MCO test programming, using Inventor, AutoCAD, Excel, DIT-MCO Nets and ERP System.
- Designing special adaptation hardware to supply solutions to solve customer testing needs.
- Create Engineering drawings, manufacturing process documentation and procedures.
- Suggest and implement cost minimization changes to designs or manufacturing processes.
- Communicate and coordinate with Sales, Marketing, Engineering, Production, Customers and Suppliers.
- Occasional travel to customer sites to evaluate projects, aid in installs or trouble shoot and debug turn-key testing solutions.
- Work directly with Production personnel to train and assist in manufacture of products and to solve manufacturing problems.
- Must be US Citizen
- Position requirements include mechanical and electrical abilities to design, document, and instruct fabrication of cable harness assemblies, printed circuit boards, chassis assemblies, fixturing and cable support structures and carts.
- Knowledge of electronic/electrical interconnect products including connector types such as circular, D-subminiature, rectangular, ZIF, RF, meeting both commercial and military requirements.
- Experience in computer applications including Excel, MSWord, AutoCAD, 3-D CAD such as Inventor. Experience with CNC machine programming and operation a plus.
- Engineering Technology degree/certificate or equivalent experience.
- Ability to stand, bend and work for extended periods of time. Able to lift or move assemblies weighing 50+ lbs. Requires good dexterity and eyesight.
Hours: typically Monday – Thursday – 10 hours per day.
Compensation: Starting pay rage $70,000+ – commensurate with qualifications and experience. Generous 401k matching, healthcare, PTO, and holidays.