SPG Engineering Technologist
Title: SPG Engineering Technologist
Department: Special Products Group
Reports to: SPG Director
Date: March 3, 2020
Classification: Salaried Exempt
Responsible for quoting projects, creating engineering documentation and DIT-MCO test programs, providing assistance to other SPG personnel to order materials and build product for sales orders.
- Works under limited supervision of the Director of the Special Products Group.
- Position requirements include mechanical and electrical abilities to design and instruct fabrication of cable harness assemblies, printed circuit boards, fixturing and cable support structures and carts.
- Knowledge of connector types such as circular, D-subminiature, rectangular, ZIF, RF, meeting both commercial and military requirements.
- Experience in computer applications including Excel, MSWord, AutoCAD, e-mail such as Outlook. 3-D CAD such as Inventor is a plus.
- Engineering Technology degree/certificate or equivalent experience.
- Quote cable assemblies, PCB’s, fixturing, cable support structures, carts and DIT-MCO test programming.
- Design and document cable assemblies, PCB’s, fixturing, cable support structures, carts and DIT-MCO test programming, using AutoCAD, Excel, Nets and Industrios.
- Communicate and coordinate with Sales, Marketing, Engineering, Production, customers and suppliers.
- Occasional travel to customer sites to scope projects, aid in installs or trouble shoot.
- Works directly with Production personnel to assist in manufacture of SPG products and to solve manufacturing problems.
This job description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, skills, and abilities. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee’s ability to perform the position described. This document does not represent a contract of employment. The Company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform as may be deemed necessary.
While performing the responsibilities of the job the employee is required to talk, hear, sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers. Vision abilities required by this job include extended viewing of computer screen. Must be able to perform in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks and priorities.
Email resume to email@example.com