DIT-MCO, a leading manufacturer of electronic parts in the Aerospace Industry, is seeking an Electronics Assembler to join their team in Kansas City, MO. Enjoy working in a climate controlled, clean well-lit family-oriented environment! Excellent daytime schedule opportunity with a Monday – Thursday with 3-day weekend and competitive pay!
As a member of the team, you can expect:
- Competitive Pay! $15.00 per hour or more depending on qualifications and experience.
- Excellent Daytime Schedule – Monday through Thursday – 6:00am to 4:30pm – 3-day Weekend!
- Generous benefits package: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, PTO, 401(k) with company match, and more!
- Advancement opportunity
- Great work environment – Work in a clean, well-lit environment in your own workspace with a family-oriented atmosphere!
About the Company: DIT-MCO began its evolution shortly after founder George P. Heller incorporated his business that catered to the once-flourishing drive-in theater business in 1948. Drive-In Theater Manufacturing Company, renamed DIT-MCO in 1951, produced theater screens, speakers and other projection equipment. By early 1953, the construction boom of drive-in theaters ebbed, and Heller looked for other avenues of revenue. Meanwhile, an enterprising young man named Warren Hannon was working as an engineer at the nearby North American Aviation plant. The plant built the F-86 and C-45 planes. Hannon was in charge of overseeing the electrical cable testing. Hannon got the idea of making a ‘universal automatic analyzer’ and somehow joined with DIT-MCO to produce the first automatic tester. DIT-MCO fabricates a wide range of electrical components. Lean Manufacturing concepts are incorporated into many of our processes to improve quality, reduce lead time, and keep costs low. We assemble printed circuit boards, cables, chassis, control panels, etc. found in DIT-MCO’s test systems. Fabricating our own electrical parts aids in quality control and enhances our ability to meet tight delivery schedules and customize your product.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs assembly of electronic parts using hand tools and assembly machines.
- Uses special machines for special product assembly.
- This assembly will be done from instructions on engineering drawings, written work instructions, process plans, schematics, wire lists, or other written or verbal instructions.
- Includes functions such as measuring and cutting wire, pulling cables, installation of terminals on wires, crimping, pinning, wiring cables, loading PCA’s (printed circuit assembly) with components, hand soldering, full electrical/mechanical assembly of more complex electronic chassis assemblies.
- One year of previous electronics/electrical assembly experience preferred.
- Basic math abilities, ability to perform repetitive tasks maintaining quantity and quality.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- US citizen
Good dexterity and eyesight with ability to distinguish colors. Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time. Lift or carry up to 25 lbs. The ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without an accommodation.