Technical Service Engineer
DIT-MCO International, a leading manufacturer of electronic test equipment, is seeking a Technical Service Engineer to join our team in Kansas City, MO.
Like to travel? Good Trouble Shooter? Electrical/Electronics Background? Technical? Quick Thinker? Problem Solver? Good at Fixing Things? Like Being Recognized as the Expert?
If this describes you, take flight and leverage your technical expertise with the leader in electrical wiring interconnect testing. Establish a lasting career while supporting our customers in the Military, Aerospace, Defense, Rail, and other well-known industries.
What you will be doing:
- Install new test systems and system upgrades at a wide variety of customer sites, including military bases, factories, repair stations, onboard ships, planes, trains, etc., both domestic and abroad.
- Troubleshoot and repair DIT-MCO test equipment, software and associated computers at customer sites and our in-house test lab.
- Respond to service inquiries/help solve customer issues via telephone, e-mail, and remote PC sessions.
- Effectively communicate issues and concerns with customers, manufacturing repair personnel, and the sales team.
- Identify new sales and system upgrade opportunities.
- Document and track ongoing service issues through internal system.
- Prepare and submit detailed written service reports.
- Have a blast, visit a lot of really cool facilities, see some amazing sights and equipment, all while being highly valued, respected and well paid.
A technical (electrical/electronic) degree would be great, however demonstrable expertise in the job requirements and attributes listed above are more important.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must have or be able to obtain a US Passport
- Must have, or be eligible to legally gain, access to restricted US military facilities.
- Must be able to read and understand test requirements and electrical schematics.
- Must be able to perform circuit analysis and have a good understanding of electrical properties (ohms law)
- Thorough understanding of Windows O/S and Windows Office Suite (Excel & Word).
- Preferred experience with PC network setup and troubleshooting.
- Preferred experience with at least one programming language.
- Minimum, Associates Degree in Electronics or Electronic Technician Certification.
- Must be able and willing to travel as needed. (30-60%)
- Ability to stand, bend and work for extended periods of time. Able to lift or move assemblies weighing 50+ lbs. Requires good dexterity and eyesight.
Hours: typically M-F 8 hours per day. Travel on weekends may, rarely, be required.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience and aptitude. Starting pay range $55-$75K with generous 401K matching, paid insurance, sick-leave, vacation, and holidays.
Email all resumes to HR@ditmco.com